Support to expansion of Sustainable Agriculture and Green Action Projects in India
The aim of the project has been to expand sustainable agriculture and green action/environmental projects within Humana People to People India. The support has helped in capacity building of staff, production of information and training material, project development and proposal writing, meeting with potential partners, participation in conferences and workshops and more relevant activities.
- Participation by HPPI in the Asia Regional Workshop on Sustainability, Energy & Development organized by Commonwealth Parliamentary Association and UNDP – 18-21st of January 2016. The conference included a visit to HPPI’s biogas activities with the aim of raising funds to continue these. Gaia funds have similarly helped HPPI participate in further six workshops and conferences to network with future possible partners.
- Presentation, interviews with newspapers and distribution of pamphlets at the European Seed Association in Rome, Italy (October, 2016) of the Gaia supported project „Seeds for Life‟, which helped more than 2000 farmers to increase their production of wheat and rice.
- Hiring of two new employees who have provided project support and training on sustainable agriculture methods to the project staff working with farmers in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan – for example resulting in 200 farmers obtaining government funds as support to their construction of biogas plants.
- Hiring of new staff who have contributed to the production of 8 large-scale proposals for environmental projects to potential partners including YES Bank, SBI Foundation, UN Adaptation Fund, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development and National Green Highway Mission.
- Production of environmental material such as the booklet Trees Are My Best Friends